Boston Area Building Owners
Buildings like yours can save money with renewable energy
Easy, renewable energy procurement is now available for building owners in the Boston area!
Join other Boston building owners to take advantage of this limited opportunity
Early acceptance in Albireo’s Renewable Energy Aggregation (AREA) ensures easy procurement of renewable energy supply, a dedicated, long-term contract offering budget stability, and 100% renewable energy providing local law compliance. AREA provides price protection with no upfront costs.
Albireo’s Renewable Energy Aggregation (AREA) is a Northeast renewable program that is available for building owners in the Boston area. This Virtual Power Purchase Agreement (VPPA) is a long-term contract between you and a local developer that has limited availability from their renewable energy project — wind or solar. AREA provides price protection and budget stability with no upfront costs.
What are the next steps?
- To enroll in Albireo’s Renewable Energy Aggregation (AREA), you’ll first provide our team with building information.
- Albireo Energy will complete an analysis on the building details to determine your ability to participate in the AREA program.
- The agreement will provide white-glove service, so our team will work with you to discuss the details and will provide confirmation.
- Once the time comes to move to transaction, a commitment agreement will be signed.
What is a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement (VPPA)?
A Virtual Power Purchase Agreement (VPPA) is a long-term contract between a corporation (energy buyer) and a developer. In a VPPA, there’s no physical exchange of energy.
- The energy buyer signs a Power Purchase Agreement with a project developer for a fixed price per MWh. This allows the renewable project to be financed and built.
- The developer sells the electricity from the renewable generator into the wholesale market at the market price. The buyer receives the market price and the Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs).
- The buyer purchases electricity from their utility as usual.
- The utility provides grid mix electricity without RECs.
How do I get started?
Complete the form below or call our renewables team directly. To determine eligibility, our team will need to review utility bills. Once those are gathered, you can email them to the team at [email protected].
Get in Touch
With Us Today.
To get additional details on the program or to get started, send our team a message.