Senior living occupancy is at ~83% and growing. Having maximum control over senior living building systems is essential. However, managing uptime, efficiency, and performance with limited engineering staff is the new reality. Erickson Living recognized this new reality and turned to Albireo Energy for help.
Erickson Senior Living is a leader in innovative senior housing and health care. The company currently manages more than 20 communities in 11 states. Each campus includes eight to 16 buildings, boasting over 36 million covered square feet. In 2021, Erickson committed $3 billion across its portfolio to improve their facilities. This represents both new developments and the expansion of existing communities.
Erickson Living needed a BAS solution that would provide:
- Visibility into their communities from a single location.
- System data that is valuable and actionable.
- Energy savings while keeping the residents’ comfort as a top priority.
Erickson Senior Living selected a complete solution. The BAS technology deployed provides increased management control and long-term reliability. This included national service support, annual preventive maintenance, and ongoing building system upgrades.
Erickson communities have improved their senior living building systems monitoring and support at over 20 Erickson communities. They are now able to:
- Manage operations through a unified platform, with system-wide aggregate data providing valuable insights.
- Leverage remote service for quick response times.
- Maximize energy efficiency, reduces maintenance costs, and provides optimal comfort for their communities.
Now Erickson Senior Living is able to refocus on the work they do best: caring for their residents.
“More robust BAS systems improve the efficiency of the hundreds of buildings that make up our communities. Developing flexible BAS standards is a game changer. We’ve come to rely on Albireo Energy. Their team works with us early in the development process to analyze, evaluate and design control systems based on individual community requirements.”Hans Keller of Erickson Senior Living
Learn how Albireo Energy can help improve your senior living community.