The Schneider EGX100 is an intelligent Ethernet gateway that provides fast, reliable Ethernet-to-serial line connectivity between intelligent meters, sensors, and other remote instruments.
Power monitoring software is recommended as a user interface because it provides access to information from any device. It also provides advanced power quality analysis and energy management reports.
The PowerLogic EGX 100 provides one Ethernet 10/100 base T port and one RS485 port and serves as an Ethernet gateway for any device or system supporting Modbus protocol over a daisy-chained RS485 connection. It offers complete access to device status and measurement information via PowerLogic Energy Mangement Software. DIN-rail mount.
Features unique to the EGX100 include ‘TCP/IP Filtering’ security that lets you specify the level of access each Master device shall have to connected serial devices.
‘Serial master support’ that lets a serial Modbus master device connected to the gateway’s serial port access devices across a TCP/IP network.
- ModbusTCP/IP fast Ethernet connectivity to serial RS485 devices
- Serial support for Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Jbus, and PowerLogic protocols
- Single 10/100BaseTx Ethernet port
- Single serial port configurable for RS485 (2/4 wire) or RS232 (RJ45)
- Receives control power via Ethernet cable (Power-over-Ethernet or PoE) according to IEEE 802.3af
- ModbusTCP/IP filtering specifies read-only or full access client devices to connected serial slave devices
- Allows serial master devices to connect to remote ModbusTCP/IP servers
- TCP/IP Filtering
- Serial Master Support